Texas Bourbon News

Texas Born from Texas Corn

Sipping and Signing, Again

With Easter behind us, and Mother’s and Father’s Day right around the corner, it seemed a good time to arrange a few ”sit and sips” for those of ya’ll who might want to give out bottles of Garrison Brothers to your favorite bourbon drinker.

Here’s where I’m headed in the next few weeks. I hope you’ll stop by and say hello.

• Saturday, April 14 from 2 to 4 – The Houston Wine Merchant: Looking forward to a little time with Everett and his knowledgeable gang at this outstanding liquor store at 2646 South Shepherd.
  • Friday, April 20 from 6 to 8 – Bourbon Tasting at Rye 51 in Houston (reservations required): If you have not visited Rye 51, come to this event. David and his gang have amazing clothes. If I had a real job, and gave a crap how I look, this is where I’d shop. We’ll be talking bourbon and comparing wheats and ryes. To RSVP, please email David at david@qcustomclothier.com.
  • Friday, April 20 from 8:30 to 9:30 - Downing Street Pub in Houston: Please join me and CJ at Houston’s most prestigious whiskey pub and cigar lounge. We’ll be pouring Garrison Brothers and discussing why bourbon is far superior to scotch. That ought to piss somebody off.
  • Sunday, April 22 from 7 to 9 – Married With Dishes Viewing Party at The Auslander in Fredericksburg: Anthony Bourdain’s production company, Zero Point Zero Productions, is launching a new television series called Married With Dishes, which was filmed all over Fredericksburg.  The outrageous, climactic dinner was shot in the Barrel Barn at Garrison Brothers Distillery. It will air on the Cooking Channel. This should be one hilarious evening. Hope you’ll join us.
  • Tuesday, April 24 from 7:30 to 9:30 – Hyatt Lost Pines in Bastrop (invitation-only event): Private bourbon dinner with Chef Neil Joiner.
  • Thursday, April 26 from 5 to 6 – Strip House in Downtown Houston: Please join us for a Bourbon Happy Hour organized by our friends at Strip House. I understand Chef Mario Vidal may be providing appetizers that pair nicely with fine straight bourbon.
  • Wednesday, May 2 from 4 to 6 – J Black’s in Austin: That afternoon I’ll have the pleasure of telling the staff at J Black’s about how best to serve and enjoy Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Afterward I’m buying drinks (well, a few anyway). Hope you’ll stop by.

Finally, I just want to say thanks to all of you who, like I am, are enjoying a bottle of Garrison Brothers right now. It appears you guys are buying about a hundred cases a week, which is crazy, but it makes us damn proud.

Thank you!

posted by Dan Garrison in Spring 2010 Newsletter and have Comments (20)

20 Responses to “Sipping and Signing, Again”

1. Patrick Clegg says:

I met you Saturday at the Houston Wine Merchant tasting. I noticed from your newsletter that Bunker Hill was part of your past. I grew up there too, wonder if we were classmates at Bunker Hill elementary? I moved to Dallas in middle school. I was a 1981 high school grad. I am very impressed with how you are building the business. I plan to get out and see the distillery this spring.

2. Dan Garrison says:

Please come visit. I did not attend Bunker Hill; just got into trouble there.

3. are you selling any bourbon in north texas stores yet. I live in dallas an i sure want to try some porduct. Big admirer .

4. Ken Whipple says:

Dan, Please don’t forget about y’alls loyal subjects out here by Pecos, TX, not only the home of the worlds 1st rodeo, but where folks reside that have been traveling 4+ hrs to obtain your wares. If you can’t make it this far, Odessa is close enough I guess. Big oil and gas boom here should last 10 yrs, we will keep you in business!

5. Terry J Zwakenberg says:

I really don’t mean to be a pest but it is my understanding that bourbon whiskey can be made anywhere in the US but only those brands made in Kentucky can put Bourbon on the label.
    As I understand it has to do with legalities centered around bourbon county in Kentucky. Have you had any legal difficulties as a result of your label? I must admit I have not tried your product yet but as I have family in the hill country I will be looking for it to try.

Just a bourbon fan,

6. Bill Thomas says:

I am in Pennsylvania, how can I get my hands on a few bottles of the spring release? Do you ship out of state?

7. Dan Garrison says:

Freddie,

Thanks for the note. We are not in north Texas yet but think we may be able to send a few hundred cases thata way this fall. I sure hope so. We’ll let you know here as soon as our distributor approves the plan.

8. Dan Garrison says:

Ken,

Thanks for logging the miles to get a bottle. We’re working on expanding distribution now and may be able to do something soon. Will let you know here as soon as our distributor approves the plan.

9. Dan Garrison says:

Terry,

Bourbon can be made anywhere in the United States so long as its made the old fashioned way. We strictly adhere to the rules, which the government calls the Standards of Identity. They can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey. I can assure you bourbon is sacred in Hye, Texas.

10. Dan Garrison says:

Sorry Bill. Texas state law prohibits intrastate shipping of distilled spirits by manufacturers or retailers. Come visit us.

11. Glen Mercer says:

Drove all the way from New Orleans to Austin to secure my very own bottle. Cheers!

12. Dan Garrison says:

Glen, that is simply outstanding. Thank you!.

13. Glen Mercer says:

Dan,

Even better, I waited to crack it open until a dinner party last weekend with some bourbon snobs from Kentucky. They were impressed. You can taste the passion in every glass. Congratulations!

14. Dan Garrison says:

Ken,

Good news. We’ll be distributing a 100 or so cases of our latest release, the Spring 2012 bourbon, to liquor stores to the north and west of us in the next months or so. Can you recommend liquor stores, bars, restaurants or hotels out west that appreciate fine straight bourbon whiskey. I’d like to throw a few cases in the truck and start spreading some good cheer. Any advice you might have would be most welcome. My email is dan@garrisonbros.com

Kind regards,

Dan Garrison

15. tom says:

I am a Dallas resident who is fortunate to have a daughter who lives in San Antonio. She brings me several bottles each time she comes to visit. Everyone I have shared my bottles with love the bourbon. Hurry up and get some product up here!!!

16. Dan Garrison says:

We may have some coming your way around October, as long as the Houstonians don’t have another rodeo down there. Thanks for the kind words.

17. TexasJack says:

Hi Dan! A friend of mine told me that on his facebook page that your fine product is coming to east texas, is that right? Please tell me its true! TexasJack

18. Dan Garrison says:

Texas Jack,

Beginning October 15, 2012, every liquor retailer, bar, restaurant, and hotel owner in Texas that has large balls (including those in Dallas, Fort Worth and all of East Texas), can start selling Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey. It’s about damn time, huh?

Please consider buying a bottle or a case for each of your friends. It’s a little pricey — only for special occasions like a business deal, a promotion or a divorce — but once you’ve tried it, it will be hard to go back to Kentucky bourbon again.

Salud my friend!

19. Brian Terrebonne says:

Where can bourban be purchased

20. Dan Garrison says:

On October 15, 2012, one should be able to purchase a bottle of Garrison Brothers bourbon from any liquor store in Texas who has the wisdom and cajones to feature it. It cannot be purchased anywhere beyond Texas and Texas’ antiquated and restrictive liquor laws prohibit direct shipments of distilled spirits in or out of the state. So, sadly, the only option is to come to Texas and buy a bottle from one of our fine retailers or find a friend here who will.

Place your comment

Please fill your data and comment below.
Name