At the request of a few private clubs, great spirits retailers and legendary Texas bars and restaurants, we’ve added a few more events this spring. Hope you’ll feel inclined to drop what you’re doing and come have a drink with us:
- Wednesday, May 2 from 4 to 6 – J Black’s in Austin. I’ll have the pleasure of teaching the staff at J Black’s about how best to serve and enjoy Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Afterward I’m buying drinks (well, a few anyway).
- Thursday, May 3 at 7 – Opal Divine’s WhiskeyFest at Penn Field in Austin. Our distillery director Donnis Todd will be talking bourbon along with dozens of Whiskey representatives from all over the world.
- Wednesday, May 10 at 6:30 – Speaker Dinner at Westwood Country Club in Austin. We’ll talk about my favorite bourbon cocktail: two parts Garrison Brothers and one part glass. This event is open to the public. Get tickets at http://www.westwoodcountryclub.com/ or by emailing Katie at email@example.com.
- Saturday, May 12 from 1 to 4 – Sipping and Signing at Joe Saglimbeni’s in San Antonio. Please stop in and meet some of the locals who gather at one of my favorite neighborhood liquor stores. Nobody does it better than Joe and his staff.
- Tuesday, May 15 from 5 to 9 – Texas Style Hospitality at Smith & Wollensky’s in Houston. Should be an ad promoting this event in the April issue of Texas Monthly.
- Wednesday, June 6 from 5 to 7 – Happy Hour at The University of Texas Club at Royal Memorial Stadium. Private, member-only event.
- Friday, June 8 – Nimitz Golf Classic at Boot Ranch in Fredericksburg. We’ll be serving Garrison Brothers at the 17th Hole, so its unlikely anyone will finish their round. Private, member-only event.
- Saturday, June 16 from 12:30 to 3:30 – WINNER, WINNER CHICKEN DINNER at Garrison Brothers Distillery in Hye. Come help us celebrate our well deserved Blue Ribbon for our parade float in the Stonewall Peach Parade that morning. We’ll have enough fried chicken for 200 with all the trimmings in The Barrel Barn. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds go to the Hye Preservation Society. We’ll announce how and where to get tickets soon.
- Thursday, June 21 at 6 – Bourbon Dinner at The Fredericksburg Herb Farm. This should be out of this world. Chef Asa Thornton has prepared an outstanding menu featuring locally grown produce, exotic game and bourbon-inspired cocktails in one the Hill Country’s most beautiful landscapes. For reservations, contact Fredericksburg Herb Farm at 830-997-8615.
Once again, I want to thank all of you who are enjoying a bottle of Garrison Brothers right now. Please rinse, repeat, and go get another. We appreciate your support.